Monday 13 August 2012

Olympic fever!

Watching the opening at the Ely Cathedral
Well the Olympics have come and gone. We never really cared about the Olympics until our home-town hero, Michael Phelps, made us Marylanders proud. But even still we had no plans in watching or participating in all the craziness in London. I mean... it's historic yeah... but so was the Queen's Jubilee and that was neat but we just didn't want to get all into it. Crowds and such are not our thing...

But being in England the Team GB spirit is infectious.  I found myself agreeing to take my 9 month old down on a crowded train and through the crowded tube and onto another crowded train just to go witness some kind of history. What can I say... I'm a sucker for history.

Luckily, when we went down to watch the cycling race the trains were crowd free. Kings Cross station had no crowds! And the only time I had to stand on the train was when everyone was leaving the cycling viewing area. We were able to walk right up to the road and stand anywhere we wanted. I thought for sure it was going to be a mad house but really it was as easy as it could be.

The Cycling was so exciting! And it was a really great experience for all of us. I only wish I had a USA flag for circumstances like this. I was actually wondering why we don't have a US flag?  Maybe I'll ask for one for Christmas. In any case, we represented well but Team GB ended up winning that race. But I still can't help but snicker a little when I think Team GB could mean Team Glen Burnie. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment